Tenant Applicant, Employed or Self-employed, Residential or Commercial
This Rent Guarantee Eligibility Check is a Comprehensive check with a written (company letter headed) reference from the employer and where appropriate a digital landlord reference, needed for most insurers for Rent Guarantee cover.
These checks may take a little longer than usual two days, but in all other respects the check is similar to our Comprehensive Check. Note: if you need insurance from an alternative supplier (not us), you should check with the insurer first to make sure they will accept our TenantVERIFY® checks for their insurance.
Our Comprehensive Plus+ Report is a complete profiling of your applicant’s financial and residency history as in our Basic Check, plus two reference checks: employer (or accountant for the self-employed) and previous landlord or agent.
A Comprehensive Plus+ Report with Referencing and Risk Analysis includes:
- Referencing as required: Employer or Accountant and Landlord or Agent
- Written (letter head) Employer reference supplied
- Credit Check Acceptability Score through main line credit reference bureau
- Right to Rent verification checks
- Credit history search over a six-year period
- County Court Judgements (CCJs) and bankruptcy checks
- Individual Voluntary Agreements and/or Debt Management Plan information
- Debts, defaults, rent arrears & repossessions checks
- Address and historical addresses verification
- Validation of Identity from information given - you need to have sight of identity documents in addition*
- Validation of applicant's bank account
- Search of our delinquent tenant database
- We aim to complete and return your report within 2 working days
- Our recommendation on how to proceed.
The TenantVERIFY® process is quick and simple:
The 4 Stage TenantVERIFY® Process:
- The Application - Register for a User Account - user accounts are FREE, secure and without obligation, then choose the type of check and process method you want:
- a. Send a Link to your tenant applicant for online completion - this is the fastest method, or
- b. e-mail the pdf form over to your tenant and have them complete, scan and return it via e-mail, or
- c. print off a form and have the applicant complete it by hand.
We do the rest; we will carry out our Credit Checks, finance and residency checks and a detailed risk analysis on the Applicant, plus referencing where appropriate. We will compile a detailed report with our recommended decision and upload this to your account.
SMS text messages and emails will be sent to prompt you and the Applicant at critical stages in process, and you can be assured we will complete the work with the utmost diligence and urgency.
If you would like help or more information about using our systems please contact us via email or telephone.
First Class Service is our goal
Your applicant’s details are checked against our historical database of high risk tenants and in addition we share information & intelligence with numerous relevant data sources and organisations.
Our referencing specialists will contact the referees on your behalf and confirm the applicant's details: employment history / earnings, and previous renting history.
The Comprehensive Report includes previous landlord or agent and written employer references, or in the case of self-employed, accountant references when available.
Our Checks and Referencing should be just one part, albeit a very important part, of your holistic screening process. Read our recommended TenantVERIFY® Advice on Tenant Screening, 20 point Checklist - see link below.
*Always ensure that you carry out thorough identity checks yourself with the individual/s concerned, checking personal identities against original photo ID documents and for right to reside. This is now a legal requirement for Right-to-Rent Checks.
Some Useful Documents
See our User Guide here
Our Advice on Tenant Screening, a 20 point Checklist here